Translate

Sunday, May 27, 2012

MAC lipstick dupes - Cremecup, Angel Fabby & Bombshell

For ages I have had my eye on Angel and Cremecup and had been into the MAC store many times, trying them on my hands and lips but always leaving empty-handed because I find they look too ashy on my complexion. I then sought to get something very similar but slightly darker which would give the same look on my skintone.
Left to Right: Cremecup, Angel, Fabby, Bombshell


Well we all know Angel (frost) and Cremecup (creamsheen) are very identical in colour, Cremecup being more paler and Angel slightly muted. As a creamsheen formula Cremecup is certainly more creamy over the frost finishes. Next to Angel we have Fabby (frost) which has subtle gold shimmers running through it, but the pink is more or less spot on with Angel. Finally Bombshell (frost), in the tube it looks quite different to the other three but when swatched although there's an apparent contrast to it, since it is more of a warmer, slight brighter pink, it is still similar to the other three mentioned. It's slightly darker than Cremecup and just like Fabby has gold shimmers running through it - this shade I would say would be better for more olive, darker skintones who want that 'Angel' lip.

No comments:

Post a Comment