Translate

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Revlon Lip Butter Swatches

From left to right:

Macaroon, Pink Truffle, Cotton Candy, Cupcake, Strawberry Shortcake, Tutti Frutti, Peach Parfait, Raspberry Pie, Lollipop, Berry Smoothie

Taken with an iphone - under the bright Boots lighting instore

My thoughts : As you can tell, the lip butters are very pigmented and have the saturation of a lipstick. The consistency of these I would say is less 'buttery' and more so of a slight sticky gloss. I do love some of these colours HOWEVER I cannot stand the feel of them on my lips. I applied Peach Parfait (as I was most excited to try out that and Lollipop) I thought it felt sticky and icky and NOT MOISTURISING whatsoever!!! The colour on my lips looked tacky and the sparkles felt so uncomfortable - usually things like that don't bother me, since I'm not too sensitive to glitter and sparkle on my lips, but this was just so dissapointing. Lollipop wasn't too bad on the lips, but again I didn't enjoy the feel of it. I was really looking forward to these arriving in the UK and for me it was such a let down :(
As I menioned before 'Lollipop' was one of the bright colours I was most excited about, but I've realised now for a bolder lip I'd much prefer something less glossy and more matte which lasts longer on the lips.

In contrast to the Lip Butters I found that the L'Oreal Rouge Caresse Lipstick was much more buttery and moisturising on the lips. It's what I thought the Revlon Lip Butters were going to be. I have one in the shade 'Tempting Lilac' and probably will pick up a few more - swatches to come soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment