Translate

Thursday, May 17, 2012

MAC Brave Lipstick & DRUGSTORE DUPE!!





So I recently purchased Brave from MAC and when I got home I had a niggling feeling that I have a lipstick of a similar shade. So I rummaged through my lipstick drawer and found it, I love a good drugstore dupe!!
















MAC Lipstick- BRAVE: £13.50

Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick - PINK BROWN- £7.19



Left: MAC Brave, Right: Maybelline Pink Brown




MAC: Brave


Brave is a satin finish and goes on the lips more smoother, it has a semi-matte finish and no shine(the flash photography makes it seem more glossier than it is). It has more brown tones then the Pink Brown by Maybelline, which is apparent looking at the lipstick tubes, however when swatched on the hands and lips they look more similar. As with all MAC lipsticks it has that famous vanilla scent.




Maybelline Colour Sensational: Pink Brown










Pink Brown also has no shine, however it does have frosty particles that don't allow it to go on as smoothly- but its not too noticeable. It's not as saturated as Brave and needs a couple of coats to build on the colour. Both lipsticks look more pink in the photos in comparison to how they look in person. I would say they are more of a muted rosey brown tone and a 'my lips but better' colour. I don't know about the rest of the colour sensational line, but this lipstick smells phenomenal. I adore the vanilla sweet scent of MAC lipsticks, this one is just as good (perhaps better!!) it has a coconutty and cocoa scent which is delish! 




















No comments:

Post a Comment