Translate

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

MAC Viva Glam Nicki Dupe & Alternative




I was rummaging through my lipstick collection and had wondered whether I had anything similar to my new and well loved viva glam nicki.

I came across two shades,
Barry M Lip Paint in Pink Ribbon, I wouldn't call this a dupe though. I'd say it's more of an alternative if you don't want something too bold and in your face.

I than mixed two Nyx round lipsticks  - Narcissus and Louisiana.. Narcissus is more paler and more of a bubblegum pink and Louisiana just deepens it slightly and takes that 'lady gaga' accent away from the shade.

with flash
barry m, mac, nyx

without flash
barry m, mac, nyx


However the shades are still of colour, the NYX round  lipsticks I felt to be a dupe should have more of a coral tone to it.. so I thought I'd try the lipsticks using a coral lipliner














NYX Coral lipliner & Barry M Pink Ribbon
(More coral and less bold)

NYX lipliner coral & NYX round lipstick in Narcissus and Louisiana 
                                                                                                 
MAC Viva Glam Nicki



Swatches of the two alternatives with NYX Coral Lipliner

Left to Right
Barry M Pink Ribbon, MAC Viva Glam (No lipliner),  NYX Narcissus & Louisiana mixed


Left to Right
Nyx Louisianna, Nyx Narcissus, MAC Viva Glam Nicki, Barry M  Pink Ribbon 






MAC Viva Glam Nicki - £13.50 : Satin finish = demi-matte, not too drying, long lasting, not much shine, applies smoothly, sweet scent, luxurious.. FAVE!

NYX Round Lipstick  Narcissus, Louisiana - Around  £2.99: Very Creamy and moisturising, but can melt and get messy (just like in image), affordable, easy to wear, not very durable and long lasting

Barry M Lip Paint Pink Ribbon - £4.49: Similar to MACs satinb finish, demi-matte, no shine, long lasting, bold colour but not too bright and in your face like vivaglamnicki, a good alternative if you're not a fan of bright barbie coloured lips but want a similar shade that's more appropriate, affordable, may not be available worldwide, cute small packaging



No comments:

Post a Comment