Translate

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Dry Boring Lips? Revlon Lip Butter - Moisture & Colour

Revlon Lip Butters - Pink Truffle & Creme Brulee on NC40 skintone



If you've read my previous post on the lip butters you would have noticed how much I disliked them, but all has changed now!! I don't know whether it's because my lips are more dryer, or the fact I'm enjoying a more glossy lip (because I love matte lipsticks), or whether it's because the shade I tried (peach parfait) had chunky glitters which felt awful on my lips made me dis-like this product. But whatever it is I somehow gave it another shot and ended up loving this!!

I've only had these for a few days and I seem to keep reaching for them. I love the glossy/balmy/sticky/smooth/moisturizing feeling, my lips feel hydrated and lovely. The colours are so amazing, I may pickup a few more!
I decided to choose shades that I'd wear often (esp because these products are not matte and I usually go for a matte lip). So I didn't want to choose colors that would just sit around, and boy do I have a whole ton of lippies, I'm a lipstick junkie! 
I chose creme-brulee, which I actually thought would not work on my skintone (NC40) but surprisingly it does. It looks beautiful alone, or with a lipliner underneath. It's sheer but not so sheer you can't see the colour, nor opaque that your lips look horribly pale and dead. It gives a lovely creamy, shiny glossy nude affect and can be worn with a lovely mid-tone or full smokey eye.
The other colour I chose - pink truffle is gorgeous! I can see it working on all skintones. It is a beautiful 'my lips but better' shade which is a neutral rose pink with brown hues and looks natural. A great everyday easy thrown on lip, or something that can be worn with a smokey eye to balance out the rest of the face. It's ideal for all looks I think. On the lips it may look a bit dark, but believe me with the rest of the face it looks perfect  - whatever the makeup you may be wearing.





No comments:

Post a Comment